The Circle of HOPE Call for Participation
The Circle of HOPE will take place at New York City’s Hotel Pennsylvania from July 20th through July 22nd, 2018. Submissions are now open for speakers, workshops, and more.
We encourage you to give workshops on a wide variety of diverse topics at The Circle of HOPE!
Workshops at past HOPE conferences include: electronics workshops, coding workshops, how to submit FOIA (Freedom of Information) requests, hacking wi-fi routers, making tea, and more.
Call for Workshops: Workshops can occur in the open Pavilion space (second floor), or in a conference room (sixth floor). Workshops bring an interactive experience to HOPE (hands-on learning, building, hacking, or other skills) on a wide range of topics. Whether basic or advanced, large or small, workshops are a key part of the HOPE experience. Email your workshop proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the following:
- title and abstract
- a brief bio
- what kind of space do you prefer? Large (50 people) open area in the main hall (with tables and tools), small conference room (20 people), or large conference room (30 people)
- do you need a projector?
- do you need amplified sound?
- AC power requirements
- do you need any tools (some of which we may be able to provide)?
- prerequisites (if any) for attendees
- anything attendees need to bring (or download beforehand)
- do you need anything special?
All submissions will receive an automated response.