HOPE 2020 will be an entirely online event. The shift to an online event changes lots of things about the conference, including volunteer roles.
Here are some of the needs we know about so far. Please let us know if you are interested and available for any of them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cyberpunk Now Film Festival https://cyberpunkfestival.com, taking place concurrently with Hackers On Planet Earth 2020, is seeking volunteer mentors and judges who have a background in media production or a literary background related to the genre. If you serve as a mentor or judge, you may not submit an entry for the competition. Contact the film festival organizers directly: email@example.com
- Faciliators: Moderate the live chat forums questions and answers will occur for speakers and keynotes, and forward questions to the speakers or emcees.
- Technical support: for helping attendees and presenters with our online tools, and support for AV/broadcast problems before and during HOPE.
- Workshop helpers: Assist workshop presenters with managing their online "room," and assisting with any issues.
- Emcees: Be the voice of HOPE, introducing speakers and moderating Q&A.
- "Info desk" staff: Monitor online forums to respond to inquiries, investigate issues, and escalate if needed.
HOPE is a 9-day event, so there will be volunteer shifts and different roles. Contribute the time you can, before and during the event. Volunteers are asked to purchase a HOPE ticket, like other attendees.
Above all else, we need your help in getting the word out! For the first time, HOPE is a truly global event where we can have speakers, panelists, workshop coordinators, musicians, and more participating from anywhere on the planet. We want to take advantage of this unique opportunity and help to turn this year's unfortunate events into something positive. Our success in pulling this off will make future HOPE conferences possible.