HOPE 2020 Call for Participation
HOPE 2020 will take place at St. John's University in Queens from July 31st through August 2nd, 2020. Submissions are now open for speakers, workshops, and more.
Workshops at past HOPE conferences included: electronics, coding, how to submit FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests, hacking wi-fi routers, making tea, wellness, and more.
Call for Workshops and other cool proposals:
Do you have skills you would like to share? Please give a workshop at HOPE! We encourage workshops over a wide variety of diverse topics.
Workshops bring an interactive experience to HOPE (hands-on learning, building, hacking, or other skills) on a wide range of topics. Whether basic or advanced, large or small, workshops are a key part of the HOPE experience.
Do you have other cool things to share that don't fit into a talk or panel? A demo? An exhibit? A breakout-session? Something else? Please share them at HOPE 2020!
Email your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the following:
- title and abstract
- a brief bio
- what kind of space do you prefer? Large (50 people) open area in the main hall (with tables and tools), small conference room (20 people), or large conference room (30 people). (For a Demo or Exhibit or other proposal, please say what you need.)
- do you need a projector?
- do you need amplified sound?
- AC power requirements
- do you need any tools (some of which we may be able to provide)?
- prerequisites (if any) for attendees
- anything attendees need to bring (or download beforehand)
- do you need anything special?
All submissions will receive an automated response.