HOPE 2020 Call for Participation
HOPE 2020 will take place online from July 25 through August 2, 2020. Hackers from around the world will convene virtually for nine days of online presentations, workshops, collaboration and entertainment.
Workshops at past HOPE conferences included: electronics, coding, how to submit FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests, hacking wi-fi routers, making tea, wellness, and more.
The conference will consist of scheduled sessions across the nine days. Talks, workshops, panels, keynotes, performances and more will be livestreamed on the Internet. Conference attendees will have the opportunity for live online interaction with presenters and with each other.
Call for Workshops and other cool proposals:
Do you have skills you would like to share? Please give a workshop at HOPE! We encourage workshops over a wide variety of diverse topics.
Workshops bring an online learning experience to HOPE on a wide range of topics. Whether basic or advanced, large or small, workshops are a key part of the HOPE experience.
Do you have other cool ideas to share that don't fit into a talk or panel? If your idea can work in an online format for remote attendees, including a mixture of live and pre-recorded content, please get in touch.
Email your proposals to email@example.com.
Be sure to include the following:
- title and abstract
- a brief bio
- your ideal approach to the online workshop: what should be the mixture of live vs. pre-recorded content? How long do you need, and should it be all at once, or spread over more than one time slot?
- desired prerequisite skills or knowledge (if any) for attendees
- what supplies should attendees have in advance of the workshop?
- anything that attendees need to prepare or download beforehand?
- how many people may attend?
- do you need anything special?
All submissions will receive an automated response.